KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport police arrested a man who they believe is responsible for a rash of car burglaries in different communities.
Officers arrested Jason Glenn after they say a homeowner caught him in the act burglarizing his truck.
Police rushed to the scene and caught Glenn, but say his accomplice got away.
Officers tell us they found all sorts of stolen items on Glenn and linked him to at least eight car burglaries in the Lynn Garden and Bloomingdale areas over the 14th and 15th of November.
Some of the stolen items haven't yet been claimed. "That's one of the things we're hoping by getting this out, that people will say, 'Hey, I'm missing something from my car,' or 'I think somebody was in my car last night'. They can report it and let us know what's missing and we may have your property down here," says Tom Patton with the Kingsport Police Department.
Detectives are asking for anyone who had belongings stolen -- particularly from their car during that time period and in those communities -- to contact them.
You'll need to be able to give a detailed description of your items.
- Updated Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.