KINGSPORT, Tenn. - One person is in the hospital and another behind bars after a stabbing.
The Kingsport Police Department tells News 5 Richard Mark Thomas is accused of stabbing Howard Eugene Wells.
It happened around 7pm at the Econo Lodge on Airport Parkway in Kingsport, TN.
Officers say Thomas and another man got into a fight and Wells attempted to stop it. That's when Thomas allegedly stabbed him.
Wells is in the intensive care unit at Holston Valley Medical Center.
Thomas will be arraigned in General Sessions court in Bristol, Tenn. later today.
- New Four months after Johnson City murder, still no suspect
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- UPDATE: Fresh leads develop in Christmas Eve murder
- Kingsport City Schools unveils new DB Excel facility
- Northeast State Student Veterans of America raising awareness about veteran suicides