KINGSPORT, Tenn. - One person is in the hospital and another behind bars after a stabbing.
The Kingsport Police Department tells News 5 Richard Mark Thomas is accused of stabbing Howard Eugene Wells.
It happened around 7pm at the Econo Lodge on Airport Parkway in Kingsport, TN.
Officers say Thomas and another man got into a fight and Wells attempted to stop it. That's when Thomas allegedly stabbed him.
Wells is in the intensive care unit at Holston Valley Medical Center.
Thomas will be arraigned in General Sessions court in Bristol, Tenn. later today.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event