KINGSPORT, Tenn. - One person is in the hospital and another behind bars after a stabbing.
The Kingsport Police Department tells News 5 Richard Mark Thomas is accused of stabbing Howard Eugene Wells.
It happened around 7pm at the Econo Lodge on Airport Parkway in Kingsport, TN.
Officers say Thomas and another man got into a fight and Wells attempted to stop it. That's when Thomas allegedly stabbed him.
Wells is in the intensive care unit at Holston Valley Medical Center.
Thomas will be arraigned in General Sessions court in Bristol, Tenn. later today.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City