KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Some children in Sullivan County have new shoes thanks to a group of Masons in Sullivan County.
The Scottish Rite Club passed out 120 pairs of shoes for children who need them in the Kingsport area.
The group will hand out shoes and socks to nearly a thousand school-aged kids this year.
The co-chairman of the shoe drive, Al Fields, says they've already passed out more than 500 pairs, and they hope to help as many children as possible. "At any time during the year that a child needs a pair of shoes, all they have to do is contact the Masonic lodge. We will fit that child with a pair of shoes," said Fields. "There are no questions asked."
Fields says they have been passing out shoes for more than 20 years.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway