KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Some children in Sullivan County have new shoes thanks to a group of Masons in Sullivan County.
The Scottish Rite Club passed out 120 pairs of shoes for children who need them in the Kingsport area.
The group will hand out shoes and socks to nearly a thousand school-aged kids this year.
The co-chairman of the shoe drive, Al Fields, says they've already passed out more than 500 pairs, and they hope to help as many children as possible. "At any time during the year that a child needs a pair of shoes, all they have to do is contact the Masonic lodge. We will fit that child with a pair of shoes," said Fields. "There are no questions asked."
Fields says they have been passing out shoes for more than 20 years.
- Police investigation into Newport News suspect ends in Smyth County
- Updated Greene County teen admits to murder
- Updated Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger
- Hot summer weather ruins crops in the region, benefits others
- Police identify person of interest in old General Mills building fire