KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Some children in Sullivan County have new shoes thanks to a group of Masons in Sullivan County.
The Scottish Rite Club passed out 120 pairs of shoes for children who need them in the Kingsport area.
The group will hand out shoes and socks to nearly a thousand school-aged kids this year.
The co-chairman of the shoe drive, Al Fields, says they've already passed out more than 500 pairs, and they hope to help as many children as possible. "At any time during the year that a child needs a pair of shoes, all they have to do is contact the Masonic lodge. We will fit that child with a pair of shoes," said Fields. "There are no questions asked."
Fields says they have been passing out shoes for more than 20 years.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City