KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Family members of a young Kingsport boy who recently underwent an organ transplant say the child has suffered a setback.
Seven-year-old Weston Keeton underwent a rare heart and double lung transplant in Philadelphia last week.
Several days later, Weston had to be reintubated and sedated to give his body more time to rest and adjust to his new organs.
They tell us they hope he will be extubated sometime this weekend.
The Keetons tell us overall he is making great strides, and is way ahead of where anyone imagined he might be after the transplant.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project