KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Family members of a young Kingsport boy who recently underwent an organ transplant say the child has suffered a setback.
Seven-year-old Weston Keeton underwent a rare heart and double lung transplant in Philadelphia last week.
Several days later, Weston had to be reintubated and sedated to give his body more time to rest and adjust to his new organs.
They tell us they hope he will be extubated sometime this weekend.
The Keetons tell us overall he is making great strides, and is way ahead of where anyone imagined he might be after the transplant.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport