KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Family members of a young Kingsport boy who recently underwent an organ transplant say the child has suffered a setback.
Seven-year-old Weston Keeton underwent a rare heart and double lung transplant in Philadelphia last week.
Several days later, Weston had to be reintubated and sedated to give his body more time to rest and adjust to his new organs.
They tell us they hope he will be extubated sometime this weekend.
The Keetons tell us overall he is making great strides, and is way ahead of where anyone imagined he might be after the transplant.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect