KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Family members of a young Kingsport boy who recently underwent an organ transplant say the child has suffered a setback.
Seven-year-old Weston Keeton underwent a rare heart and double lung transplant in Philadelphia last week.
Several days later, Weston had to be reintubated and sedated to give his body more time to rest and adjust to his new organs.
They tell us they hope he will be extubated sometime this weekend.
The Keetons tell us overall he is making great strides, and is way ahead of where anyone imagined he might be after the transplant.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Updated Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated New release dates for "Toy Story 4" and "Incredibles 2"
- Texas teen gets life for death of man who wouldn't buy beer