KINGSPORT, Tenn. - We have new facts on a deadly crash in Kingsport.
It happened last Saturday night around 8:15 on Fort Henry Drive near South Street. According to police, the investigation revealed a car traveling at about 104 miles per hour crossed the center lane and hit an oncoming SUV head-on.
Both vehicles burst into flames. The driver of the speeding car died.
We've learned 58-year-old Walter Bellamy, the driver of the SUV, has now died from his injuries.
Angela and Colton Bellamy, Walter's passengers, are still in critical condition.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting