KINGSPORT, Tenn. - We have new facts on a deadly crash in Kingsport.
It happened last Saturday night around 8:15 on Fort Henry Drive near South Street. According to police, the investigation revealed a car traveling at about 104 miles per hour crossed the center lane and hit an oncoming SUV head-on.
Both vehicles burst into flames. The driver of the speeding car died.
We've learned 58-year-old Walter Bellamy, the driver of the SUV, has now died from his injuries.
Angela and Colton Bellamy, Walter's passengers, are still in critical condition.
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- Updated Youth leaders in Bristol learn about tolerance
- Updated Grand jury set to hear case of man accused of sexual assault