KINGSPORT, Tenn. - We have new facts on a deadly crash in Kingsport.
It happened last Saturday night around 8:15 on Fort Henry Drive near South Street. According to police, the investigation revealed a car traveling at about 104 miles per hour crossed the center lane and hit an oncoming SUV head-on.
Both vehicles burst into flames. The driver of the speeding car died.
We've learned 58-year-old Walter Bellamy, the driver of the SUV, has now died from his injuries.
Angela and Colton Bellamy, Walter's passengers, are still in critical condition.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death