KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport Police tell News 5 they are looking for a suspect who stole a Hyundai Santa Fe hatchback and then used a debit card found inside the owner's wallet, which was left in the vehicle.
It happened early today at a home on Roller Street in Kingsport. Police say the thief found the vehicle unlocked then discovered a spare key to the Hyundai inside.
The suspect, described as a white female in her late 20s, then drove to the Walmart on West Stone Drive and bought several items, totaling about $1,100.
Police are searching for the woman and the stolen silver Hyundai Santa Fe.
If you recognize the woman in the surveillance picture, please contact the Kingsport Police Department at (423) 229-9433.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash