KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Church Hill man was cited for failure to yield right-of-way after police say he ran a red light and hit a school bus.
Police tell us it happened at the intersection of Stone Drive and Afton Street Wednesday morning.
They say the bus had a green light and started to pull through the intersection when a van struck the bus on the left front side.
We've learned the driver of the van was 56-year-old Jerry Lester.
Bus 7 had 19 students on board. No one was injured.
- Updated Black Lives Matter event at ETSU crashed by man in gorilla mask
- Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Sullivan County postal worker takes plea deal in hidden mail case
- Updated Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker
- California limits travel to North Carolina over LGBT law