KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Church Hill man was cited for failure to yield right-of-way after police say he ran a red light and hit a school bus.
Police tell us it happened at the intersection of Stone Drive and Afton Street Wednesday morning.
They say the bus had a green light and started to pull through the intersection when a van struck the bus on the left front side.
We've learned the driver of the van was 56-year-old Jerry Lester.
Bus 7 had 19 students on board. No one was injured.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next