KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Church Hill man was cited for failure to yield right-of-way after police say he ran a red light and hit a school bus.
Police tell us it happened at the intersection of Stone Drive and Afton Street Wednesday morning.
They say the bus had a green light and started to pull through the intersection when a van struck the bus on the left front side.
We've learned the driver of the van was 56-year-old Jerry Lester.
Bus 7 had 19 students on board. No one was injured.
- Updated Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson