KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Church Hill man was cited for failure to yield right-of-way after police say he ran a red light and hit a school bus.
Police tell us it happened at the intersection of Stone Drive and Afton Street Wednesday morning.
They say the bus had a green light and started to pull through the intersection when a van struck the bus on the left front side.
We've learned the driver of the van was 56-year-old Jerry Lester.
Bus 7 had 19 students on board. No one was injured.
- New Wise County authorities search for missing woman
- Updated Governor Terry McAuliffe visits health care clinic
- New Former NASCAR driver Stewart stopped by Illinois trooper
- New Tennessee, Virginia among 46 states to share in Target data breach settlement
- Two men publicly caned in Indonesia for having gay sex