KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Rogersville man was arrested after handing a threatening note to a Kingsport pharmacist demanding drugs.
Kingsport officers, Brian Taylor and Dennis Hickman observed the male suspect, later identified as Vincent Dennis, standing in front of the Walgreen's pharmacy counter. Dennis tried to flee but was quickly apprehended without incident.
Police say Dennis gave the pharmacy personnel a hand-written note demanding Schedule II narcotics such as Oxycodone, Oxycontin, or Morphine.
When taken into custody, Dennis was in possession of a handgun; however, he neither displayed, nor threatened to use the weapon during the robbery.
Dennis was charged with Robbery and confined in the Kingsport City Jail.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests