KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Rogersville man was arrested after handing a threatening note to a Kingsport pharmacist demanding drugs.
Kingsport officers, Brian Taylor and Dennis Hickman observed the male suspect, later identified as Vincent Dennis, standing in front of the Walgreen's pharmacy counter. Dennis tried to flee but was quickly apprehended without incident.
Police say Dennis gave the pharmacy personnel a hand-written note demanding Schedule II narcotics such as Oxycodone, Oxycontin, or Morphine.
When taken into custody, Dennis was in possession of a handgun; however, he neither displayed, nor threatened to use the weapon during the robbery.
Dennis was charged with Robbery and confined in the Kingsport City Jail.
- Updated Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated