KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Rogersville man was arrested after handing a threatening note to a Kingsport pharmacist demanding drugs.
Kingsport officers, Brian Taylor and Dennis Hickman observed the male suspect, later identified as Vincent Dennis, standing in front of the Walgreen's pharmacy counter. Dennis tried to flee but was quickly apprehended without incident.
Police say Dennis gave the pharmacy personnel a hand-written note demanding Schedule II narcotics such as Oxycodone, Oxycontin, or Morphine.
When taken into custody, Dennis was in possession of a handgun; however, he neither displayed, nor threatened to use the weapon during the robbery.
Dennis was charged with Robbery and confined in the Kingsport City Jail.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin