UPDATE: 12:55 p.m.
According to Barry Brickey with the Kingsport Fire Department, a gas leak was found Wednesday at Kennedy Elementary School. He said the school is safe.
The leak was located and the main gas has been turned off.
Kingsport City Schools announced that students will be dismissed from that school at 1:15 p.m.
A tweet that mentioned Robinson Middle School was deleted by the school system.
Kingsport City Schools announced Wednesday afternoon that due to an unusual odor, students, faculty, and staff have been evacuated from Robinson Middle School.
Kingsport fire and police personnel are on scene to investigate.
We will pass on updates as they become available.
- President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder