KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Drivers in Kingsport might want to consider an alternate route to work for the next few months.
Road improvement work began Monday on Cooks Valley Road. The work will close the intersection of Cooks Valley and Harbor Chapel Road to the intersection of Cooks Valley and Harbor Springs Road.
Work is expected to last through the middle of December.
Residents in the impacted areas can also expect water service disruption during the construction period.
There will be detours in that area.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend