KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Drivers in Kingsport might want to consider an alternate route to work for the next few months.
Road improvement work began Monday on Cooks Valley Road. The work will close the intersection of Cooks Valley and Harbor Chapel Road to the intersection of Cooks Valley and Harbor Springs Road.
Work is expected to last through the middle of December.
Residents in the impacted areas can also expect water service disruption during the construction period.
There will be detours in that area.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake