KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Drivers in Kingsport might want to consider an alternate route to work for the next few months.
Road improvement work began Monday on Cooks Valley Road. The work will close the intersection of Cooks Valley and Harbor Chapel Road to the intersection of Cooks Valley and Harbor Springs Road.
Work is expected to last through the middle of December.
Residents in the impacted areas can also expect water service disruption during the construction period.
There will be detours in that area.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue