KINGSPORT, Tenn. - There's a new tool available for Appalachian Power customers if your power goes out.
Customers can visit the company's website, and click on 'My Outage' to report their individual outage.
AEP officials tell us it will help them provide the area with faster and more detailed service, especially when thousands of their customers are being affected by power outages.
"If we have extreme weather, if the snow starts blowing or the snow starts flying. We will get into a situation where we have a multi-day restoration event. Very quickly we make a determination as to whether it's a two-day event or a three-day event, and we'll put that on our website. [Then we can] get people in the field to upgrade those numbers," said Isaac Webb of AEP.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway