KINGSPORT, Tenn. - There's a new tool available for Appalachian Power customers if your power goes out.
Customers can visit the company's website, and click on 'My Outage' to report their individual outage.
AEP officials tell us it will help them provide the area with faster and more detailed service, especially when thousands of their customers are being affected by power outages.
"If we have extreme weather, if the snow starts blowing or the snow starts flying. We will get into a situation where we have a multi-day restoration event. Very quickly we make a determination as to whether it's a two-day event or a three-day event, and we'll put that on our website. [Then we can] get people in the field to upgrade those numbers," said Isaac Webb of AEP.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone