SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A sinkhole in a Kingsport area neighborhood is being repaired along with a broken water main.
The sinkhole on Boone Ridge Road was the size of a car and was formed because of a broken water main. The Sullivan County Highway Department believes the water has been leaking for weeks, eroding the foundation.
Witnesses say the hole opened after a large garbage truck passed over it.
Crews filled the hole with rock and gravel. They will wait a few days for the rock to settle before permanently patching the hole with concrete and asphalt.
The hole has been cordoned off to traffic.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson