KINSGPORT, Tenn. - This cold weather has reminded many folks to get their heating units serviced.
We spoke to John Hardin, a service technician from Kingsport Heat and Air Conditioning; he said they've been getting a lot of calls about repairs.
Hardin said some of them had broken down after the weather last week. He explained that extreme conditions can cause them to over work, especially with older model units.
We learned this is the busiest time of year for people to get new units as well. "The more extreme the weather, the busier we are, whether it's summer or winter," Hardin said.
Hardin said many people wait until the last minute before they call in for repairs.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect