KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Tennessee State Representative Tony Shipley has a new title -- the Kingsport lawmaker has been promoted to colonel in the Tennessee State Guard.
Shipley will oversee the Third Regiment, which is based in Knoxville and serves the 24 counties of Northeast Tennessee.
The Tennessee Sstate Guard is an element of the Tennessee Military Department and assists the National Guard, Air Guard, and the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency by training volunteers to help in the event of natural or man-made disasters.
- Updated Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death