KINGSPORT, Tenn. - An annual report reveals 15 years of continuous growth in Downtown Kingsport.
According to the Sullivan County Property Assessor's records, last year property values increased by more than $8 million in Downtown Kingsport. This is the fifteenth year property values have steadily increased.
Assistant City Manager for Development, Jeff Fleming, attributes the growth to several remodeling and rehabilitation projects across the area.
Since 1999 total downtown property values have nearly doubled, increasing by $72.5 million.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon