KINGSPORT, Tenn. - An annual report reveals 15 years of continuous growth in Downtown Kingsport.
According to the Sullivan County Property Assessor's records, last year property values increased by more than $8 million in Downtown Kingsport. This is the fifteenth year property values have steadily increased.
Assistant City Manager for Development, Jeff Fleming, attributes the growth to several remodeling and rehabilitation projects across the area.
Since 1999 total downtown property values have nearly doubled, increasing by $72.5 million.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson