KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport postal worker Richard Leach has shown up to work every day for four decades.
Leach has delivered thousands of packages on Christmas Eve over the past forty years, but Tuesday afternoon he made his final delivery
Leach tells us he started in Bloomington, Illinois, and moved to the Kingsport area in the 1980s.
During his entire career he's never missed a single day of work or taken a sick day. "You just try to keep healthy and eat right, exercise. I guess I have been lucky," said Richard Leach.
To be exact, Leach has worked for 40 years and 2 months. He earned a year and nine months of paid sick leave.
He says he looks forward to taking it easy in his retirement.
- Updated Fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Is the election stressing you out? You're not alone.
- Avoca community rallies for girl's Diabetes service dog
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million