KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport postal worker Richard Leach has shown up to work every day for four decades.
Leach has delivered thousands of packages on Christmas Eve over the past forty years, but Tuesday afternoon he made his final delivery
Leach tells us he started in Bloomington, Illinois, and moved to the Kingsport area in the 1980s.
During his entire career he's never missed a single day of work or taken a sick day. "You just try to keep healthy and eat right, exercise. I guess I have been lucky," said Richard Leach.
To be exact, Leach has worked for 40 years and 2 months. He earned a year and nine months of paid sick leave.
He says he looks forward to taking it easy in his retirement.
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- New Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury
- Local mayor and associate admitted to bribing voters
- Suspect in stabbing of Greene Co. dog was in country illegally