KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport Police Department is searching for a man they say tried to kidnap a woman while she waited for her kids to get off of a school bus.
Police tell around 3:30 pm Thursday, a woman was standing by the roadside in the 400 block of Allen Drive.
Officers say a man pulled up in his car, got out, and tried to convince her to get into his car.
We're told the woman refused several times. That's when police say he grabbed her arm, and tried to pull her into his car.
The woman got away and ran back to her apartment to call police.
Officers are looking for an older, heavy-set, white man with curly gray hair and a beard. They also say the man is missing his two front teeth and walks with a limp.
Police say he was driving a rusty, older model dark sedan with a missing hubcap on the passengers side. The car also has duct tape on the rear passenger window and a very loud exhaust.
If you have information call the Kingsport Police Department at 423-229-9429.
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome