KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A string of bizarre 911 calls lead Kingsport Police searching for an endangered child, but police say it turned out to be a big misunderstanding.
Back on December 19 a woman made several 911 calls saying she was worried about her child laying along Lynn Garden Drive.
Police tell us she disconnected one of the calls and since then officers have been searching for an endangered child.
Detective Martin Taylor says by using that cell phone number they were able to meet with the woman and learned she was actually looking for her 17-year-old son. "There was no small child left beside the roadway, no crime has been committed. It was a big misunderstanding basically," added Detective Martin.
We've also learned no charges will be filed.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway