KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A string of bizarre 911 calls lead Kingsport Police searching for an endangered child, but police say it turned out to be a big misunderstanding.
Back on December 19 a woman made several 911 calls saying she was worried about her child laying along Lynn Garden Drive.
Police tell us she disconnected one of the calls and since then officers have been searching for an endangered child.
Detective Martin Taylor says by using that cell phone number they were able to meet with the woman and learned she was actually looking for her 17-year-old son. "There was no small child left beside the roadway, no crime has been committed. It was a big misunderstanding basically," added Detective Martin.
We've also learned no charges will be filed.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin