KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A string of bizarre 911 calls lead Kingsport Police searching for an endangered child, but police say it turned out to be a big misunderstanding.
Back on December 19 a woman made several 911 calls saying she was worried about her child laying along Lynn Garden Drive.
Police tell us she disconnected one of the calls and since then officers have been searching for an endangered child.
Detective Martin Taylor says by using that cell phone number they were able to meet with the woman and learned she was actually looking for her 17-year-old son. "There was no small child left beside the roadway, no crime has been committed. It was a big misunderstanding basically," added Detective Martin.
We've also learned no charges will be filed.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson