KINGSPORT, Tenn. - We have new facts on a deadly motorcycle crash in Kingsport.
Back on March 8th, Samuel Ireson Jr. was killed when police say he collided with a vehicle at the intersection of Fort Henry Drive and Atoka Lane.
Police now say the investigation of the crash revealed Ireson's motorcycle was traveling 109 miles per hour while approaching the intersection and 89 miles per hour at the point of impact.
The posted speed limit on that section of Fort Henry Drive is only 45 miles per hour.
Police also say Ireson's driver's license was revoked for a prior DUI conviction.
Police tell us the investigation is ongoing. We're told once it is complete their findings will be presented to a grand jury to determine if any action will be taken.
- New Four months after Johnson City murder, still no suspect
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- UPDATE: Fresh leads develop in Christmas Eve murder
- Kingsport City Schools unveils new DB Excel facility
- Northeast State Student Veterans of America raising awareness about veteran suicides