KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man is recovering after police say he was hit by a truck.
Kingsport Police tell us around 1:00pm Saturday a pickup truck, being driven by a 16-year-old, was driving on North Eastman Road and turned left onto Jack White Drive.
Police say as the truck made the turn 43 -year-old Mark Smith was crossing the street and was hit by the truck.
Smith was taken to Holston Valley Medical Center. He is expected to be OK.
We're told no charges have been filed. The incident is under investigation.
- New KPS Global completes $1M expansion in Piney Flats facility
- Exide Technologies withdraws application to reopen, News 5 uncovers dozens of violations in its past
- Southwest Virginia leaders focus on re-entry efforts for inmates
- Wise man who stole ginseng roots given probation
- UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman