KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man is recovering after police say he was hit by a truck.
Kingsport Police tell us around 1:00pm Saturday a pickup truck, being driven by a 16-year-old, was driving on North Eastman Road and turned left onto Jack White Drive.
Police say as the truck made the turn 43 -year-old Mark Smith was crossing the street and was hit by the truck.
Smith was taken to Holston Valley Medical Center. He is expected to be OK.
We're told no charges have been filed. The incident is under investigation.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend