KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man is recovering after police say he was hit by a truck.
Kingsport Police tell us around 1:00pm Saturday a pickup truck, being driven by a 16-year-old, was driving on North Eastman Road and turned left onto Jack White Drive.
Police say as the truck made the turn 43 -year-old Mark Smith was crossing the street and was hit by the truck.
Smith was taken to Holston Valley Medical Center. He is expected to be OK.
We're told no charges have been filed. The incident is under investigation.
- New Caterpillar confirms plans to cut 80 jobs in Winston-Salem
- Updated Virginia outperforms most states on national science tests
- Updated Warm and dry weather this week causes higher fire danger
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway