KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Domtar Park in Kingsport is getting ready for mud, sweat and gears.
The ninth season of the MSG Cyclo-cross series bike racing is September 29 and 30.
Cyclo-cross is a mixture of road and mountain biking where racers face a combination of barriers and obstacles on and off the bike.
"It's on grass, pavement and mud, with barricades you have to pick the bike up, run across and sit back down," explained Dwayne Letter, the Virginia Intermont College Cycling Coach.
Races last about 30 to 60 minutes and will begin at 11 a.m. They will continue all day. The Pro Women race is at 12 p.m. and the Pro Men race is at 1:45 p.m.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day