KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Domtar Park in Kingsport is getting ready for mud, sweat and gears.
The ninth season of the MSG Cyclo-cross series bike racing is September 29 and 30.
Cyclo-cross is a mixture of road and mountain biking where racers face a combination of barriers and obstacles on and off the bike.
"It's on grass, pavement and mud, with barricades you have to pick the bike up, run across and sit back down," explained Dwayne Letter, the Virginia Intermont College Cycling Coach.
Races last about 30 to 60 minutes and will begin at 11 a.m. They will continue all day. The Pro Women race is at 12 p.m. and the Pro Men race is at 1:45 p.m.
- Updated U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome