KINGSPORT, Tenn. - (Released for publication) On June 17, 2014 at approximately 2:30 PM, the Kingsport Police Department's Traffic Unit responded to a motor vehicle collision at the intersection of East Market Street and Wexler Street in Kingsport. At this particular intersection, Wexler Street is controlled by stop signs; however, East Market Street has no traffic controls.
The investigation into the crash determined that a 2006 Harley Davidson motorcycle, ridden by Douglas Wayne Edwards, was eastbound on East Market Street traveling straight through the intersection with Wexler Street. Meanwhile, a Ford F-150 pickup, driven by Terry L. Ottinger, was northbound on Wexler Street approaching Market Street. The driver of the pickup failed to yield the right-of-way, resulting in the truck striking the right side of the motorcycle.
Mr. Edwards received serious injuries and was transported to Holston Valley Medical Center by Sullivan County E.M.S. for treatment. Mr. Ottinger was not injured in the impact.
Charges are pending in this crash, and the investigation is ongoing. Anyone who may have witnessed this crash who has not yet spoken to an officer is asked to contact the K.P.D. Traffic Unit at 423-224-2750.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon