A generator being used inside a basement is being blamed for a carbon monoxide poisoning death at a home in Kingsport.
Kingsport Fire Department spokesperson Barry Brickey said crews were dispatched to a house in the 1100 block of Myrtle Street just after 4 a.m. after a report of person unconscious.
One person was found dead in the basement where the generator was being used because the home had no electricity, Brickey said.
Three other people inside the home, including a small child, and two KFD firefighters were taken to an area hospital for CO poisoning and exposure, the report said.
Brickey noted the family members were alerted to the generator not running by a barking dog inside the house.
- Texas family wakes up to find house decorated for Christmas
- Trump reconsiders rules protecting miners from black lung
- Smyth County police chase results in attempted murder charge
- Morristown's "utility service" internet unlikely to see net neutrality impact
- South Carolina man convicted of killing girlfriend with bubble wrap