KINGSPORT, Tenn. - If you've driven down Fort Henry Drive in Kingsport lately you might have noticed some changes at several intersections.
The city put up flashing yellow turn signals at 6 intersections in Colonial Heights. The city says the new turn signals are a more efficient way to allow left turn movements at busy intersections by lengthening the time periods.
The Federal Highway Administration say these signals allow for additional traffic flexibility while preserving safety. The city wants you to know that it's ok to turn while the arrow is flashing yellow.
There could be more of these signals around Kingsport in the future.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend