KINGSPORT, Tenn. - If you've driven down Fort Henry Drive in Kingsport lately you might have noticed some changes at several intersections.
The city put up flashing yellow turn signals at 6 intersections in Colonial Heights. The city says the new turn signals are a more efficient way to allow left turn movements at busy intersections by lengthening the time periods.
The Federal Highway Administration say these signals allow for additional traffic flexibility while preserving safety. The city wants you to know that it's ok to turn while the arrow is flashing yellow.
There could be more of these signals around Kingsport in the future.
- Updated UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman
- Bond set at $7M for suspect in Ohio house fire that killed 7
- Trump vows to crack down on leaks, slams NATO
- Insurers continue to hike prices, abandon ACA markets
- Woman claiming Sandy Hook was a hoax pleading guilty to threats