KINGSPORT, Tenn. - If you've driven down Fort Henry Drive in Kingsport lately you might have noticed some changes at several intersections.
The city put up flashing yellow turn signals at 6 intersections in Colonial Heights. The city says the new turn signals are a more efficient way to allow left turn movements at busy intersections by lengthening the time periods.
The Federal Highway Administration say these signals allow for additional traffic flexibility while preserving safety. The city wants you to know that it's ok to turn while the arrow is flashing yellow.
There could be more of these signals around Kingsport in the future.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record