KINGSPORT, Tenn. - After almost 20 years of planning, the City of Kingsport opened the new Fordtown Road Bridge that will connect Interstates 81 and 26.
City officials believe this project will make the area more attractive to business.
It will also give more access for people to use the land that is being developed at the Crossings.
Kingsport City Manager John Campbell says this will be very convenient for the residents who travel back and forth. Campbell also expects to see interest in all the undeveloped land. "Anytime that you have two interstates that meet and you have this much undeveloped land, it becomes very desirable for a number of developers to look at," he said.
The total project cost $7.9 million dollars. We're told $1.6 million came from local funds.
- Historic U.S. Army recruitment effort increase underway
- More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death