KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A new phone scam is appearing in our area. Kingsport police have some advice for keeping your information safe.
As in the past, scammers are asking their victims to get a pre-paid card. The most common variety of these cards is known as the "green-dot money card". Police say the scammer will ask the person to deposit funds into the account and then provide the scammer with the account number and/or pin.
If you are called and asked to get a pre-paid credit card, police say that should be an immediate red flag. They say you should hang up.
- Kingsport police investigating suspicious death on Bruce Street
- Bristol woman staying positive throughout MS diagnosis
- Greeneville Couple Accused of Trying to Sell A Child on Craigslist
- Indivisible Greene County rally brings out protestors rallying for unity
- Kingsport hosts annual Carousel Fine Craft Show