KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Since the Kingsport Aquatic Center opened parking has been at a premium. The packed lot leaves people driving around trying to find a spot.
Now there is good news -- the parking situation is about to get a little better.
The aquatic center is almost ready to open 78 additional parking spots. That will bring the total to more than 400 spots.
Assistant Manager Chase Singleton says tells News 5 they are waiting on the car stops. He says the new addition will be great for the upcoming holiday week. "That will ease the congestion coming into the building and into our site. I think once we get the 78 additional spaces ready to go it'll definitely help ease the crowd," adds Singleton.
The extra parking spots should be opened sometime next week.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport