KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Since the Kingsport Aquatic Center opened parking has been at a premium. The packed lot leaves people driving around trying to find a spot.
Now there is good news -- the parking situation is about to get a little better.
The aquatic center is almost ready to open 78 additional parking spots. That will bring the total to more than 400 spots.
Assistant Manager Chase Singleton says tells News 5 they are waiting on the car stops. He says the new addition will be great for the upcoming holiday week. "That will ease the congestion coming into the building and into our site. I think once we get the 78 additional spaces ready to go it'll definitely help ease the crowd," adds Singleton.
The extra parking spots should be opened sometime next week.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project