KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Since the Kingsport Aquatic Center opened parking has been at a premium. The packed lot leaves people driving around trying to find a spot.
Now there is good news -- the parking situation is about to get a little better.
The aquatic center is almost ready to open 78 additional parking spots. That will bring the total to more than 400 spots.
Assistant Manager Chase Singleton says tells News 5 they are waiting on the car stops. He says the new addition will be great for the upcoming holiday week. "That will ease the congestion coming into the building and into our site. I think once we get the 78 additional spaces ready to go it'll definitely help ease the crowd," adds Singleton.
The extra parking spots should be opened sometime next week.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson