KINGSPORT, TENN. - A new piece of medical equipment called "Trilogy" will help cancer patients in Kingsport.
Doctors at Holston Valley Hospital say it allows them to administer a higher dose of radiation. Trilogy does that with pinpoint accuracy while minimizing the risk to healthy tissue.
Dr. Scott Coen says the new device is so efficient it shortens the number of treatments. "Shorter treatment times and better success in curing the cancer compared to the older technologies that we had." said Coen.
A similar piece of equipment called "Truebeam" will soon be purchased for cancer patients at Bristol Regional Medical Center.
- Updated Black Lives Matter event at ETSU crashed by man in gorilla mask
- Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Sullivan County postal worker takes plea deal in hidden mail case
- Updated Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker
- California limits travel to North Carolina over LGBT law