KINGSPORT, TENN. - A new piece of medical equipment called "Trilogy" will help cancer patients in Kingsport.
Doctors at Holston Valley Hospital say it allows them to administer a higher dose of radiation. Trilogy does that with pinpoint accuracy while minimizing the risk to healthy tissue.
Dr. Scott Coen says the new device is so efficient it shortens the number of treatments. "Shorter treatment times and better success in curing the cancer compared to the older technologies that we had." said Coen.
A similar piece of equipment called "Truebeam" will soon be purchased for cancer patients at Bristol Regional Medical Center.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon