KINGSPORT, Tenn. - There are new charges Thursday afternoon for a man accused of being a serial stalker.
A grand jury indicted Albert Joseph Toronjo on four more counts of assault this week.
Kingsport police arrested Toronjo back in May on charges of stalking, assault, aggravated criminal trespass, and theft of property.
Also in may, police warned the public about a man, believed to be Toronjo, who was suspected of stalking as many as 50 victims while claiming to be a handyman in search of work.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting