KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A new industrial building will be built in Kingsport, Tennessee in the hopes of attracting a new business to the area.
Networks Sullivan Partnership, which represents Kingsport, Bristol, Bluff City, and Sullivan County, owns the Gateway Commerce Park near the Interstate 81/26 corridor. They hope to build a building there on a 20 acre tract of land that will, in turn, bring a business and more jobs to the area.
Richard Venable, President and CEO of Networks Sullivan Partnership, says sometimes it's better to have a building already built for prospective buyers. "They're looking for buildings now. They want to get in them quick. Generally it takes anywhere from six months to a year to get in a building. We'll be at least six or eight months ahead when we get a client that needs a place to establish a business here."
Venable says they hope they can get some manufacturing or distribution type jobs in the facility when it's completed.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon