KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Young musicians will be part of a fundraising effort to help advance the quality of children's care at Wellmont Health System hospitals.
In a press release, the hospital says there will be a special concert on Saturday, June 22, at Domtar Park. The Brinley Addington Hometown Throwdown will begin at 5 p.m. Wellmont says other local musicians include Brad Blackwell from Kingsport and Beth Snapp from Gray.
Wellmont has served as the Children's Miracle Network affiliate in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia for more than 25 years. The health system uses all money raised in this area to purchase state-of-the-art equipment for its pediatric departments, neonatal intensive care unit and emergency departments and to fund community partnerships that advance children's health.
tickets are $10 and available online at www.wellmontfoundation.org. People can also purchase tickets at Action Athletics, Metro Travel, Jenkins Insurance, First Kingsport Credit Union and several Food City stores.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial