KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Young musicians will be part of a fundraising effort to help advance the quality of children's care at Wellmont Health System hospitals.
In a press release, the hospital says there will be a special concert on Saturday, June 22, at Domtar Park. The Brinley Addington Hometown Throwdown will begin at 5 p.m. Wellmont says other local musicians include Brad Blackwell from Kingsport and Beth Snapp from Gray.
Wellmont has served as the Children's Miracle Network affiliate in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia for more than 25 years. The health system uses all money raised in this area to purchase state-of-the-art equipment for its pediatric departments, neonatal intensive care unit and emergency departments and to fund community partnerships that advance children's health.
tickets are $10 and available online at www.wellmontfoundation.org. People can also purchase tickets at Action Athletics, Metro Travel, Jenkins Insurance, First Kingsport Credit Union and several Food City stores.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University