KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport police urge drivers to stay away from the Target area on Highway 11-W after a major wreck.
It happened around 1:45 Wednesday afternoon in the eastbound lanes.
Police tell News 5 several cars are involved and several people have been taken to Holston Valley Hospital to be treated for injuries.
The eastbound lanes are closed until the wreck can be cleared. Drivers should take alternate routes, if possible.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane