KINGSPORT, Tenn. - On Monday family and friends will said final goodbyes the mother and son who died in last week's Kingsport fire.
Nikki Dunbar passed away late Friday afternoon. Her 3 year-old son died Tuesday.
Now, the family will say goodbye at the funeral. They say Nikki died trying to save her son from the Rosetree Lane fire.
Firefighters pulled 3 year-old Henley from the burning home, along with his mother.
They were both found only a few feet away from the back door, as they tried to escape. The toddler died that day. Nikki was pronounced dead Friday afternoon. Her family decided to donate her organs, which saved lives across the country.
"She saved 5 people. 5 people were saved because of her and she tried to save her son," says Teresa Dollar, Nikki Dunbar's mother.
They will be buried on Tuesday.
The family has set up a fund to help with the overwhelming expenses. If you want to help, you can go to any Bank of America. The fund is under Teresa Dollar's name for the Dunbar family.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect
- Southwest VA school gets national recognition