KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Two women are charged with child abuse and neglect after police say they left two children unsupervised.
According to the affidavit filed in Sullivan County General Sessions Court, Kingsport police arrested Rubiella Suarez and Miranda Collins.
Officers found the women fighting with a man whom they say stole money for drugs.
Police then checked on Suarez's 3-year-old and 5-year-old at the Model City Apartments and found them all alone.
Investigators also charged Miranda Collins because they say she knew the children were unsupervised.
- Updated Southwest Virginia man dies after being hit by car
- Hawkins EMS remains only service during feasibility study
- College students voice opinions on presidential debate
- Bristol, Tenn. household divided over presidential election
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire