KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Two women are charged with child abuse and neglect after police say they left two children unsupervised.
According to the affidavit filed in Sullivan County General Sessions Court, Kingsport police arrested Rubiella Suarez and Miranda Collins.
Officers found the women fighting with a man whom they say stole money for drugs.
Police then checked on Suarez's 3-year-old and 5-year-old at the Model City Apartments and found them all alone.
Investigators also charged Miranda Collins because they say she knew the children were unsupervised.
- Tennessee general fund revenues beat projections by $159M
- Georgia firefighter dies after weekend accident on job
- Report: Suicides increase in Tennessee
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting