KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Two women are charged with child abuse and neglect after police say they left two children unsupervised.
According to the affidavit filed in Sullivan County General Sessions Court, Kingsport police arrested Rubiella Suarez and Miranda Collins.
Officers found the women fighting with a man whom they say stole money for drugs.
Police then checked on Suarez's 3-year-old and 5-year-old at the Model City Apartments and found them all alone.
Investigators also charged Miranda Collins because they say she knew the children were unsupervised.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane