KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A mother and father are dead after a car crash last week on Lynn Garden Drive.
32-year-old Lindsay Trent and 36-year-old Mark Trent were both taken to Holston Valley Medical Center after their 1998 Honda Accord hit a power pole on Friday morning.
Kingsport Police say they are still trying to determine what caused Lindsay Trent to lose control of the car and hit the pole.
Investigators say both died at the hospital.
Officers say they leave behind two small children. The children were not in the car when it crashed.
The Kingsport Police Department Traffic Division was called in to investigate the wreck due to the severity.
Police say neither was wearing a seat belt and reconstruction experts say it could have made a difference.
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all
- Tennessee voters encouraged to vote early