A new dental clinic in Kingsport is providing free care to people in need. The Appalachian Miles for Smiles Mobile Dental Unit Opened Thursday.
This week is Tennessee Smile Power Week. The mobile unit was set up in the Kingsport Farmer's Market. If you missed out Thursday, it'll be there again Friday.
The overall goal is to have this unit at other events in the region including Remote Area Medical clinics.
"This is going to be a great asset to the community and it will remain here permanently to provide dental care for the people here," said Friends In Need Health Center Executive Director Bruce Sites.
The goal of the unit is to provide care for 1,500 uninsured patients.
- Kingsport Fire Dept. mobile units help FunFest goers beat the heat
- Ohio mother who lost daughter to drug overdose travels country, stops in Bristol
- BVU's Optinet employees attend board meeting to voice concerns
- Man charged following pursuit in Washington County, Virginia
- Police in search of burglars caught on camera