(Released for publication) On July 28, 2014 at approximately 10:30 PM, Kingsport Central Dispatch was notified of a shooting incident at 818 Dale Street in Kingsport. One shooting victim, Brandon D. Harris, was immediately transported by a private vehicle to Holston Valley Medical Center prior to police arrival.
Kingsport Police Patrol Officers responded to the scene and located a second shooting victim, Marc. T. Woodbury, lying in the back yard of the residence. Sullivan County E.M.S. responded and transported Mr. Woodbury to Holston Valley Medical Center.
Mr. Harris sustained life-threatening injuries, requiring emergency surgery, and at the time was listed in critical condition. Today, over a month later, he is still in the recovery process. Mr. Woodbury succumbed to his injuries and died upon reaching the hospital.
K.P.D. Detectives were summoned to the scene. Through their investigation, Lucky Anthony (a.k.a. "Ant") Ross was developed as a suspect in the shooting. A warrant was obtained at the time, and he has since been indicted by the Sullivan County Grand Jury on the charges of:
1) First Degree Murder
2) Attempted First Degree Murder
3) Employment of a Firearm During the Commission of a Dangerous Felony
4) Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
Since the date of the incident, K.P.D. Detectives have been working tirelessly, following numerous leads, and working with multiple other law enforcement agencies in an attempt to locate and apprehend Mr. Ross.
On September 2, 2014 at approximately 2:00 PM, Mr. Ross was located and arrested in Charlotte, North Carolina. He is currently confined in the Mecklenburg County Jail awaiting extradition back to Tennessee.
The Kingsport Police Department would like to express our sincere appreciation to the Mecklenburg County North Carolina Sheriff's Office and the Eastern Tennessee and Western North Carolina District Offices of the United States Marshals Service for their cooperation and assistance in bringing this dangerous fugitive to justice.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next