KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man is in jail on Thursday night, accused of threatening to kill his neighbors.
Police arrested Adam Roberts, 35, of Kingsport, after they said he called his next door neighbors at 896 Lynn Garden Dr., threatening to assault them.
He then went outside and started screaming that he was "going to kill every one of them," according to the police report.
Police told us Roberts tried to break down his neighbor's door but was unsuccessful.
"They were able to push it shut to keep him out but then he was able to stick the barrel of the .22 rifle into the gap of the opening and was shouting he was going to kill everybody inside," said Tom Patton, with the Kingsport Police Department.
Patton told us there were four adults in the home during the attack.
Roberts has been transferred to the Sullivan County Jail with a $25,000 bond.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting