KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The man shot by Kingsport Police will spend the next six years of his life in prison.
An officer shot Jeffery Caldwell back in June after they say he created a threatening situation on the roof of a Watauga Street home when they came to serve a warrant.
During a standoff that lasted hours, police say Caldwell pulled what they thought was a weapon, but it later turned out to be a roof shingle. Click here to read more.
Caldwell was treated at the hospital and later booked into the Sullivan County Jail.
He pled guilty to assault and violation of probation. He was sentenced to six years in prison Tuesday.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane