KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The man shot by Kingsport Police will spend the next six years of his life in prison.
An officer shot Jeffery Caldwell back in June after they say he created a threatening situation on the roof of a Watauga Street home when they came to serve a warrant.
During a standoff that lasted hours, police say Caldwell pulled what they thought was a weapon, but it later turned out to be a roof shingle. Click here to read more.
Caldwell was treated at the hospital and later booked into the Sullivan County Jail.
He pled guilty to assault and violation of probation. He was sentenced to six years in prison Tuesday.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial