KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The man shot by Kingsport Police will spend the next six years of his life in prison.
An officer shot Jeffery Caldwell back in June after they say he created a threatening situation on the roof of a Watauga Street home when they came to serve a warrant.
During a standoff that lasted hours, police say Caldwell pulled what they thought was a weapon, but it later turned out to be a roof shingle. Click here to read more.
Caldwell was treated at the hospital and later booked into the Sullivan County Jail.
He pled guilty to assault and violation of probation. He was sentenced to six years in prison Tuesday.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day