KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The man shot by Kingsport Police will spend the next six years of his life in prison.
An officer shot Jeffery Caldwell back in June after they say he created a threatening situation on the roof of a Watauga Street home when they came to serve a warrant.
During a standoff that lasted hours, police say Caldwell pulled what they thought was a weapon, but it later turned out to be a roof shingle. Click here to read more.
Caldwell was treated at the hospital and later booked into the Sullivan County Jail.
He pled guilty to assault and violation of probation. He was sentenced to six years in prison Tuesday.
- Updated UPDATE: Greene Co. Sheriff says missing teen could be in N.C.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Baby makes three Abingdon women in same family born on same day
- Updated Save the Peeps: Workers of famous marshmallows end strike
- Updated Tri-Cities rabies clinics protect pets from fatal disease