KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A man was caught on camera using a counterfeit $100 bill at the Apple Shed on Fort Henry Drive in Kingsport.
The Sullivan County Sheriffs Office tells us they believe a $10 bill was bleached and reprinted as a $100 bill. Cameras show the man pulling up to the store in in a black Honda Accord (pictured at left) with front-end damage and missing paint on the roof.
The man can be seen inside the store trying to convince the cashier that the bill is real (pictured above).
The cashier eventually accepted the money, and the man left.
Anyone who recognizes the man in this video is asked to contact the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office at (423) 279-7500 Ex. 222.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash