KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A man was caught on camera using a counterfeit $100 bill at the Apple Shed on Fort Henry Drive in Kingsport.
The Sullivan County Sheriffs Office tells us they believe a $10 bill was bleached and reprinted as a $100 bill. Cameras show the man pulling up to the store in in a black Honda Accord (pictured at left) with front-end damage and missing paint on the roof.
The man can be seen inside the store trying to convince the cashier that the bill is real (pictured above).
The cashier eventually accepted the money, and the man left.
Anyone who recognizes the man in this video is asked to contact the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office at (423) 279-7500 Ex. 222.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport