KINGSPORT, Tenn. - More information is being released on a fatal shooting that happened over the weekend.
Sullivan County Sheriff Wayne Anderson tells News 5 Robert "Bobby" Lane of Kingsport died at the scene from gunshot wounds.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office tells us the fight happened Saturday at a home on Rocky Lane in Kingsport.
When deputies arrived they found Robert Lane's body lying in the front yard of the house. Investigators say his brother, Richard Lane, is the man who shot him.
Sheriff Anderson tells us the two brothers were arguing outside of the home, then it got violent. "Bobby had a piece of marble or granite, and as soon as Richard stepped out [of his vehicle], he hit him and knocked him to the ground. Then Richard pulled out a weapon, a .45 semi-automatic [pistol]. He fired several [rounds] and struck Bobby Lane," said Sheriff Wayne Anderson.
The victim's brother has not been charged in the shooting.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Department will hand the case to the grand jury.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting