KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man is facing charges after police say he fired shots at a group of people.
Investigators say 41-year-old Robert Arnold fired a gun from inside his car at the intersection of Duke Street and Clouds Ford Road Saturday afternoon just after 4:30.
Two teenage girls say Arnold was tailgating the car they were in. The girls say they later noticed Arnold outside his car with a handgun. They told some adults, including the father of one of the girls, who approached Arnold.
When the adults approached Arnold he allegedly fired three shots out the passenger window of his car.
Police were called; Arnold was arrested and charged with four counts of aggravated assault.
The Kingsport police want to use this as a reminder. They say if you think you're being followed do not go home. Instead go to a well-lit public place, preferable the police department.
Police say do not confront the individual, especially if you have reason to believe they are armed.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Updated Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated New release dates for "Toy Story 4" and "Incredibles 2"
- Texas teen gets life for death of man who wouldn't buy beer