KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man is facing charges after police say he fired shots at a group of people.
Investigators say 41-year-old Robert Arnold fired a gun from inside his car at the intersection of Duke Street and Clouds Ford Road Saturday afternoon just after 4:30.
Two teenage girls say Arnold was tailgating the car they were in. The girls say they later noticed Arnold outside his car with a handgun. They told some adults, including the father of one of the girls, who approached Arnold.
When the adults approached Arnold he allegedly fired three shots out the passenger window of his car.
Police were called; Arnold was arrested and charged with four counts of aggravated assault.
The Kingsport police want to use this as a reminder. They say if you think you're being followed do not go home. Instead go to a well-lit public place, preferable the police department.
Police say do not confront the individual, especially if you have reason to believe they are armed.
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial