KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man faces an attempted murder charge after he's accused of crashing his car on purpose.
It happened shortly before 1 p.m. Thursday afternoon on interstate 26 near the interstate 81 interchange. Gary Wilson is charged with attempted first degree murder, along with other charges.
Kingsport police say the passenger of the car, Sonya Galvan, told them Wilson became angry with her and told her he was going to kill her. She then said he deliberately crashed into a guardrail causing the vehicle to rollover. Galvan suffered minor injuries.
Police found Wilson to be under the influence of an unknown substance.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death