KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man faces an attempted murder charge after he's accused of crashing his car on purpose.
It happened shortly before 1 p.m. Thursday afternoon on interstate 26 near the interstate 81 interchange. Gary Wilson is charged with attempted first degree murder, along with other charges.
Kingsport police say the passenger of the car, Sonya Galvan, told them Wilson became angry with her and told her he was going to kill her. She then said he deliberately crashed into a guardrail causing the vehicle to rollover. Galvan suffered minor injuries.
Police found Wilson to be under the influence of an unknown substance.
- New Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Boone Lake dam repairs will mean water level changes
- TVA investigates aquatic life near Boone Lake dam