KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A sword and a threat were enough to land a Kingsport man in jail.
The incident happened around 5 o'clock Saturday afternoon, in the Pinecrest Apartment Complex on Lynda Lane.
Kingsport Police say when they responded, they learned James Puckett, Junior approached a couple with a large sword and said, "I'm going to get you." We're told, Puckett then walked away, swinging the sword violently. Police say they don't know why Puckett approached the couple.
Police were informed by the apartment complex owner that Puckett had been banned from the property for about four months.
Police say they found Puckett about a block away from the apartments. He was arrested and taken to the Kingsport City jail.
He's now charged with aggravated assault and criminal trespassing.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program