KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A sword and a threat were enough to land a Kingsport man in jail.
The incident happened around 5 o'clock Saturday afternoon, in the Pinecrest Apartment Complex on Lynda Lane.
Kingsport Police say when they responded, they learned James Puckett, Junior approached a couple with a large sword and said, "I'm going to get you." We're told, Puckett then walked away, swinging the sword violently. Police say they don't know why Puckett approached the couple.
Police were informed by the apartment complex owner that Puckett had been banned from the property for about four months.
Police say they found Puckett about a block away from the apartments. He was arrested and taken to the Kingsport City jail.
He's now charged with aggravated assault and criminal trespassing.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game