KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Out with the old, in with the new. That's the plan for some developments sites in Kingsport, Tennessee.
A re-development project is underway along busy East Stone Drive. The site of a former discount hotel is being razed to make room for a new business.
Assistant City Manager, Jeff Fleming tells us "The real theme there is that re-development is taking place because the environment has now evolved to point that it is economically feasible."
The city gave the developer a break on landfill fees from the debris from demolition. A new restaurant is planning to move to the re-claimed location.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane