KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Out with the old, in with the new. That's the plan for some developments sites in Kingsport, Tennessee.
A re-development project is underway along busy East Stone Drive. The site of a former discount hotel is being razed to make room for a new business.
Assistant City Manager, Jeff Fleming tells us "The real theme there is that re-development is taking place because the environment has now evolved to point that it is economically feasible."
The city gave the developer a break on landfill fees from the debris from demolition. A new restaurant is planning to move to the re-claimed location.
- New Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Updated Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- New Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Elizabethton police looking for credit card thieves
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley