KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Out with the old, in with the new. That's the plan for some developments sites in Kingsport, Tennessee.
A re-development project is underway along busy East Stone Drive. The site of a former discount hotel is being razed to make room for a new business.
Assistant City Manager, Jeff Fleming tells us "The real theme there is that re-development is taking place because the environment has now evolved to point that it is economically feasible."
The city gave the developer a break on landfill fees from the debris from demolition. A new restaurant is planning to move to the re-claimed location.
- Updated UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman
- Bond set at $7M for suspect in Ohio house fire that killed 7
- Trump vows to crack down on leaks, slams NATO
- Insurers continue to hike prices, abandon ACA markets
- Woman claiming Sandy Hook was a hoax pleading guilty to threats