KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A local school district is getting a special recognition. SCORE, the State Collaborative on Reforming Education announced its 12 finalists for the fourth annual SCORE prize.
The prize recognizes the Tennessee elementary, middle and high schools that are leaders in learning.
Kingsport City Schools is one of the districts on the list
Winners will be announced at the end of October, and $25,000 is at stake.
- Updated Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury