KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Two Minor League baseball players made a court appearance today.
They are accused of street racing.
Both Wuilmer Gabriel Bacerra and Vicente Lupo Perez are players for the Kingsport Mets.
This was confirmed by Mets General Manager Brian Paupeck.
Kingsport Police arrested the two men early Friday morning after they were both clocked driving more than 100-miles an hour.
Paupeck tells us that both players are still members of the team.
He also added that the team is looking into the incident and has no further comment at this time.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment