KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Two Minor League baseball players made a court appearance today.
They are accused of street racing.
Both Wuilmer Gabriel Bacerra and Vicente Lupo Perez are players for the Kingsport Mets.
This was confirmed by Mets General Manager Brian Paupeck.
Kingsport Police arrested the two men early Friday morning after they were both clocked driving more than 100-miles an hour.
Paupeck tells us that both players are still members of the team.
He also added that the team is looking into the incident and has no further comment at this time.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next