KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Two Minor League baseball players made a court appearance today.
They are accused of street racing.
Both Wuilmer Gabriel Bacerra and Vicente Lupo Perez are players for the Kingsport Mets.
This was confirmed by Mets General Manager Brian Paupeck.
Kingsport Police arrested the two men early Friday morning after they were both clocked driving more than 100-miles an hour.
Paupeck tells us that both players are still members of the team.
He also added that the team is looking into the incident and has no further comment at this time.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities