KINGSPORT, Tenn. - An event aimed at helping Veterans kicked off on Thursday.
The Northeast Tennessee Honor Flight Program is hosting an event called the "Southeast Star BQ".
The goal is to get members and potential members together for riding in the community, fun, fellowship, and fundraising.
The program helps Veterans travel to monuments in their honor and gives to "Star" family members in need.
The event will last through Sunday at the Meadowview Marriott in Kingsport.
A silent auction will also be held. The event will culminate with a banquet at 5:30 on Sunday.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake