KINGSPORT, Tenn. - An event aimed at helping Veterans kicked off on Thursday.
The Northeast Tennessee Honor Flight Program is hosting an event called the "Southeast Star BQ".
The goal is to get members and potential members together for riding in the community, fun, fellowship, and fundraising.
The program helps Veterans travel to monuments in their honor and gives to "Star" family members in need.
The event will last through Sunday at the Meadowview Marriott in Kingsport.
A silent auction will also be held. The event will culminate with a banquet at 5:30 on Sunday.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend