KINGSPORT, Tenn. - An event aimed at helping Veterans kicked off on Thursday.
The Northeast Tennessee Honor Flight Program is hosting an event called the "Southeast Star BQ".
The goal is to get members and potential members together for riding in the community, fun, fellowship, and fundraising.
The program helps Veterans travel to monuments in their honor and gives to "Star" family members in need.
The event will last through Sunday at the Meadowview Marriott in Kingsport.
A silent auction will also be held. The event will culminate with a banquet at 5:30 on Sunday.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway