KINGSPORT, Tenn. - An event aimed at helping Veterans kicked off on Thursday.
The Northeast Tennessee Honor Flight Program is hosting an event called the "Southeast Star BQ".
The goal is to get members and potential members together for riding in the community, fun, fellowship, and fundraising.
The program helps Veterans travel to monuments in their honor and gives to "Star" family members in need.
The event will last through Sunday at the Meadowview Marriott in Kingsport.
A silent auction will also be held. The event will culminate with a banquet at 5:30 on Sunday.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record