Not every parent is buckling up their child for safety.
A study by Safe Kids Worldwide says one in four parents admit they've driven with their children unrestrained in either seat belt, car seat or booster seat. According to the report, car crashes are the leading cause of death for children in the U.S.
That is why the Kingsport fire and police departments, along with the life-saving crew, will hold a child passenger seat checkpoint Thursday.
It's happening from 2 to 6 p.m. at Fire Station 2, near the corner of Ft. Henry Drive and Center Street.
- Updated Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Updated Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood
- Johnson City BOE discusses Washington County tax money plan
- Congress moves to expedite veteran disability benefit appeals