Not every parent is buckling up their child for safety.
A study by Safe Kids Worldwide says one in four parents admit they've driven with their children unrestrained in either seat belt, car seat or booster seat. According to the report, car crashes are the leading cause of death for children in the U.S.
That is why the Kingsport fire and police departments, along with the life-saving crew, will hold a child passenger seat checkpoint Thursday.
It's happening from 2 to 6 p.m. at Fire Station 2, near the corner of Ft. Henry Drive and Center Street.
- New Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- New Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal
- Updated Live to Tell: Dragon crash victim describes ordeal
- New Paralyzed hiker finishes 2,000-plus mile journey
- Updated UPDATE: Carter County rape, incest suspect appears in court