KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport fire crews responded to a call on Lawndale Circle around 9:30 a.m. on Thursday.
Light smoke was showing outside the house when fire crews showed up. They made entry through the basement and found the fire in a back room.
The Fire Marshal's Office says that's where the fire started. We're told a wall heater came on due to the cold temperatures and the household items stored too closely to it, caught on fire.
Fire crews put it out quickly. Smoke alarms alerted all three of the family members inside to danger, so they were able to get themselves and their pets out unharmed.
Fire crews were still cleaning out the damaged area as of 11 a.m. They didn't need to use a hydrant.
We're told the truck had to have chains on the tires because the road was so icy.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport