KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport fire crews responded to a call on Lawndale Circle around 9:30 a.m. on Thursday.
Light smoke was showing outside the house when fire crews showed up. They made entry through the basement and found the fire in a back room.
The Fire Marshal's Office says that's where the fire started. We're told a wall heater came on due to the cold temperatures and the household items stored too closely to it, caught on fire.
Fire crews put it out quickly. Smoke alarms alerted all three of the family members inside to danger, so they were able to get themselves and their pets out unharmed.
Fire crews were still cleaning out the damaged area as of 11 a.m. They didn't need to use a hydrant.
We're told the truck had to have chains on the tires because the road was so icy.
- Kingsport police searching for five sex offenders
- Updated Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- New ACC moves its championship game to Orlando
- Updated Volvo recalls 44K vehicles; leak can cause air bag problem
- New Fundraiser and concert to be held for John Battle coach who has brain cancer